Graduation and Commencement
December 2013 Graduation Information (Updated 8/20/13)
Commencement Ceremonies - Saturday, December 14, 2013, 10:00 am at Holmes Convocation Center
- Reich College of Education
- College of Arts and Sciences
Commencement Ceremonies - Saturday, December 14, 2013, 2:00 pm at Holmes Convocation Center
- College of Fine and Applied Arts
- Walker College of Business
- Hayes School of Music
- College of Health Sciences
May 2014 Graduation Information (Updated 10/11/13)
*Please note that the scheduled day was changed for Walker College of Business and College of Fine and Applied Arts from the schedule published 8/20/2013.
Commencement Ceremonies - Friday, May 9, 2014 at Holmes Convocation Center
- 6:00 pm - Graduate School
Commencement Ceremonies - Saturday, May 10, 2014 at Holmes Convocation Center
- 9:00 am - College of Health Sciences
- 12:30 pm - Reich College of Education
- 4:00 pm - College of Fine and Applied Arts
Commencement Ceremonies - Sunday, May 11, 2014 at Holmes Convocation Center
- 9:00 am - College of Arts and Sciences
- 3:30 pm - Walker College of Business
Commencement Ceremonies - Sunday, May 11, 2014 at Broyhill Music Center
- 1:00 pm - Hayes School of Music
Due to the semester break, please allow one month for degree conferral and awarding. If you have a shortage, please contact your Dean's Office regarding your shortage.
Please visit our Official Transcripts page for more information on when official transcripts will be released after commencement.
Diplomas are normally mailed 6 to 8 weeks after degrees are conferred. Diplomas for Fall 2013 will be mailed by our diploma vendor mid-February and delivered by the end of February or early March. They will be mailed to the diploma mailing address the student specifies on their online degree application. Diplomas will not be ordered for students with outstanding balances with the University. Please verify that you do not have any holds that prevent the ordering of your diploma prior to contacting our office. This can be done via your AppalNET account.
Please note that it is a policy of the State of North Carolina that neither diplomas nor transcripts can be released if the student has an unpaid account with the University. Graduating students should contact the Student Accounts Office (262-2113), the Library (262-2818), and the Bookstore (262-3070) to ensure that their accounts are clear. Note also that students who have received a federal loan (Perkins or Stafford) are required to have an "exit interview" prior to graduation.
Graduation Regalia / Graduation Invitations
Information on purchasing commencement materials can be found at: http://bookstore.appstate.edu/graduation
- Applying for Undergraduate Graduation
- Applying for Graduate Graduation
- Instructions for Submitting an Online Degree Application
- General Information about Undergraduate Commencement
- Appalachian Senior U - information and events from the Appalachian Alumni Association
December graduates pre-register your email, friends and family email addresses and Grad Images will contact you as soon as your graduation photos are available for online viewing and ordering.
- FAQs for Family and Friends
- Area Accommodations
- Directions to Boone, NC
- Commencement Parking and Shuttle Information
- Campus and Parking maps
- Seating Information
- weather.appstate.edu or BooneWeather.com
Graduation and Commencement Day Information for Faculty and Staff
Commencement Live Broadcasts
Appalachian is encouraging any students and/or family members to stay home if they do not feel well. You can still view the ceremony through our live broadcast. Please visit the following page and select the appropriate link for the ceremony you wish to view. http://www.commencement.appstate.edu/
- Invitations for parents of candidates will be mailed to the student's permanent address.
- Backpacks or bags are not allowed in the Holmes Convocation Center during special events.
Interpreters will be provided during most ceremonies and projected on a screen. Interpreters will not be signing individual names for all graduating students. Please contact the Office of Disability Services for a request of an interpreter at a specific ceremony, an individual name to be signed or other accommodation request by TBA.
Copies of Commencement Ceremonies
If you would like a DVD copy of any commencement ceremony, please complete the online order from found at http://www.library.appstate.edu/commencement-dvd. If you have any questions about this form please contact University Archives at email@example.com or 828-262-7974.